Yes, it’s really free. 100%. It sounds too good to be true, but there is NO catch! We want to help every nonprofit do good and help better our world. It costs your organization nothing to use Givebox. Every time you collect a donation or payment through Givebox, you or or your donor, only pays the standard processing fee. No platform fees. All of your technology is paid for by Givebox.
Givebox was created based on the idea that any nonprofit, regardless of size, who wants to be able to do good should be able to do so without the limits of time or money. That means having access to premium fundraising and banking technology that is not only affordable, but FREE.
Sadly, statistics show that 80% of all nonprofits cannot afford the current technology and processing fees set forth by leading fundraising platforms. And the other 20% of nonprofits are grossly overpaying for current technology and processing fees. That means more donations can go to programs that help the world instead of middle men.
Unlike other fundraising platforms, Givebox IS the Payment Facilitator (PayFac). Not just a simple 3rd Party Payment Processor mind you, but an actual registered PCI Compliant PayFac partnered with Vantiv/Worldpay. Why is that important? Well, that means that we have the ability to keep processing fees lower than the industry standard at 2.9% and 29 Cents per transaction. We make exactly 1% gross profit per transaction. This is a business model built on altruism, not greed. But something had to be done to help the people who are helping the world.
Great question. YES! The technology within your Givebox account today will always be free. That being said, we get requests daily to research and develop various other products and tools that may come with certain costs. But your organization will NEVER be forced to pay for anything that you don’t want or need. In fact, we are experimenting with ways that you can try out tools before you purchase them.